A PDF version of my résumé is available here. (Last updated: TBD)
University of Pittsburgh, 2013-2015
Bachelor of Arts in English Literature
3.65 GPA, graduated magna cum laude
- Assisted in planning and fundraising for the 2015 “Tolkien and Modern Fantasy” conference.
- Presented papers at the above conference and at the 2015 Undergraduate Literature Conference.
University of Missouri, 2010-2012
School of Journalism
C.C. Mellor Memorial Library, Edgewood, PA
- Assisted library patrons and answered phones at the circulation desk.
- Processed library materials, including an ongoing reorganization of the library’s audiobook collection.
Children’s and young adult services intern
Northland Public Library, Pittsburgh, PA
June 2015–December 2015
- Assisted library patrons at the children’s department reference desk.
- Planned and implemented a weekly math program for first- and second-graders and story-time programs for preschoolers.
- Managed registration for the children’s department’s summer reading program.
- Assisted librarians with summer reading club programming and day-to-day maintenance of the children’s department.
The Pitt News, Pittsburgh, PA
August 2013–April 2015
- Edit and proofread articles for the University of Pittsburgh’s daily, student-run newspaper.
- Ensure articles are factually accurate and adhere to AP and in-house style.
St. Teresa of Avila School, Pittsburgh, PA
- Spearheaded a major reorganization of the school’s website.
- Edited photos for the website, newsletter and annual report, and restored historic photos.
- Edited and proofread articles for the annual report and newsletter.
The Allegheny Front, Pittsburgh, PA
- Wrote and produced several segments for a weekly radio program on environmental issues.
- Managed program’s weekly e-newsletter and assisted with managing the program’s website and Facebook page.
- Assisted staff reporters with audio transcription, photo editing, infographic design and research.
Software: Sierra, Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Office, Audacity, Final Cut, Windows and Mac OS
Social media: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, WordPress, Tumblr, Flickr, Google apps
Other: AP and MLA style, basic HTML/CSS, conversational Spanish
Children’s and Young Adult Services Manager, Northland Public Library
Dr. Lori Campbell
Professor, University of Pittsburgh